Ten really, really, ridiculously good albums released in 2005:
01. dredg – Catch Without Arms: It’s been way too long since I’ve come across an album as good as this one that just flowed together so well and restored my faith in American rock music. This is one of those albums where you can download each track separately and draw a unique aspect from each and then listen to the album in order and find a commonality that ties the whole album together.
02. Depeche Mode – Playing the Angel: Fantastic album. More than two decades later, they still manage to flawlessly blend an eerie rock edge with synth-pop that brings 80s new wave to the twenty first century. If there is one song I would urge you to download and listen to completely, it would be “Precious.” It is absolutely amazing. ‘Nough said.
03. Namie Amuro – Queen of Hip-Pop
04. Anggun – Luminescence
05. Bloc Party – Silent Alarm
06. F.I.R. – Unlimited
07. The Birthday Massacre – Violet
08. The Receiving End of Sirens – Between the Heart and the Synapse
09. Kent – Du & jag doden
10. Tommy heavenly6 – Tommy heavenly6
One thought on “2005 in music”
Comments are closed.